# 1199 Tutor, Wales UAS
Purchased products will not feature the Squadron Prints watermark.
Squadron Prints Lithograph No. 1199 - Tutor, G-BYVW, Universities of Wales Air Squadron, RAF St. Athan.
The Universities of Wales Air Squadron was formed on 10 September 1963 at RAF St Athan which has been its home base ever since. Initially operating three de Havilland Chipmunk T10 aircraft, the Squadron re-equipped with the Scottish Aviation Bulldog T1 in September 1974. The Bulldog was finally replaced on 2 June 2000 by the Grob G115E Tutor. This aircraft is fully aerobatic and is powered by the Textron-Lycoming 180hp engine. UWAS is established for four instructors, four Tutor aircraft and 38 student pilots. The Squadron also has places for RAF ground branch students. Students are accepted from all the constituent colleges of the University of Wales at Cardiff, Cardiff Institute, Swansea, Bangor, Lampeter, Newport, Aberystwyth, University of Wales College of Medicine and the University of Glamorgan. The motto on the Squadron badge is "On Wings of Learning".