#1101 King Air 350ER Avenger
Purchased products will not feature the Squadron Prints watermark
Squadron Prints Lithograph No. 1101 - King Air 350ER Avenger, ZZ501, 750 Naval Air Squadron, RNAS Culdrose. 750 Naval Air Squadron formed at RNAS Ford on 24 May 1939 from the Royal Navy Observer School. Initially equipped with Blackburn Sharks and Hawker Ospreys the Squadron moved to RNAS Yeovilton in May 1940 but a decision to concentrate all Observer training overseas, resulted in a move to RNAS Piarco, Savannah in Trinidad on 5 November 1940. The Squadron was equipped with Blackburn Shark IIs but these were soon supplemented with Fairy Albacores which replaced the Sharks by June 1942. A few Fairy Barracudas were added in November 1944, but the Squadron disbanded on 10 October 1945. 750 NAS reformed at RNAS St Merryn on 17 April 1952 equipped with Fairy Barracuda TR3s and Avro Anson Is, but these were replaced with Hunting Sea Prince T1s and Fairy Firefly T7s in early 1953. A move to RNAS Culdrose took place on 30 November 1953 where the title of “Observer and Air Signal School” was added but in May 1959 the squadron reverted to its previous title of Observer School. In October 1959 the Squadron relocated to RNAS Hal Far in Malta where de Havilland Sea Venoms were added to its strength. On 23 June 1965 750 NAS relocated to RNAS Lossiemouth, still equipped with the Sea Prince. On 26 September 1972 the Squadron returned to RNAS Culdrose and in October 1978 was re-equipped with the Jetstream T2. In June 2011, under the transition to the tri-service United Kingdom Military Flying Training System (UKMFTS), the Squadron took delivery of four King Air 350ER Avenger aircraft. The Squadron still maintains its Observer training role alongside its Training Service Provider, Ascent Flight Training Ltd.