#244CU Hawk T1

Hawk T1
Purchased products will not feature the Squadron Prints watermark
£10.00 €11.67 $12.66
43.8 cm x 29.2 cm
Item added to bag. Click here to view bag.
Please select a size from above to proceed.
Print
Hawk T1
XX176
4 FTS
RAF Valley
UK - Air Force
Delivery and shipping information

Description

Squadron Prints Lithograph No 244CU - XX176, Hawk T1, No. 4 Flying Training School, RAF Valley.

No.4 Flying Training School was formed in April 1921 at Abu Sueir in the Egyptian Canal Zone equipped with Avro 504K aircraft. In 1936 Hawker Audax and Hart aircraft were received but to meet the wartime expansion the School moved to Iraq in 1940. An international rebellion in that country led to the aircraft being armed and used on operational sorties from April to June 1941. With the end of the troubles 4 FTS disbanded in July 1941. The School reformed in February 1946 at Heany in Southern Rhodesia using Tiger Moths and Harvards until disbanding again in January 1954. In June 1954 the renumbering of No.205 Advanced Flying School at Middleton St George re-established 4 FTS. Now equipped with Vampires the School moved to Worksop in June 1956 absorbing No.211 AFS and its Meteors. In June 1958 4 FTS disbanded, its Vampires going to 7 FTS at Valley but on 15 August 1960 4 FTS reformed at Valley with Vampires for advanced training later receiving Hunters and Gnats. The British Aerospace Hawk T.1 now equips all three squadrons at the Flying Training School.