#1269 C-130H Hercules
Purchased products will not feature the Squadron Prints watermark
Squadron Prints Lithograph No. 1269 - C-130H Hercules, 94-6701, 169th Airlift Squadron, 182nd Airlift Wing, General Wayne A. Downing Peoria International Airport, Illinois. The designation 169th Fighter Squadron was allotted to the Illinois National Guard on 24 May 1946. Based at the Peoria Airport, the 169th Fighter Squadron was extended federal recognition on 21 June 1947, and equipped with North American F-51 D’s. In August 1951, the unit converted from F-51Ds to F-51Hs. On 1 July 1952 the unit was re-designated the 169th Fighter Interceptor Squadron. On 1 December 1952 the unit was once again re-designated, this time as a Fighter- Bomber Squadron. In November 1954 the unit converted back to F-51Ds, and on 1 July 1955 was once again re-designated as a Fighter Interceptor Squadron. In October 1956, the unit was converted to North American T-28As. These aircraft were assigned as interim equipment pending completion of the runway extension at the Peoria Airport. August 1958 saw the 169th conversion to Republic F-84Fs and on 10 November of that year the unit was re-designated as a Tactical Fighter Squadron. On 1 July 1960, the unit became TAC-gained, followed by an active duty call up on 1 October 1961 as a result of the Berlin Crisis. The unit remained based out of Peoria however, and was returned to state control on 16 August 1962. During the spring of 1969 the unit converted to Cessna U-3As, and was re-designated the 169th Tactical Air Support Squadron. In January 1970, the 169th converted to Cessna O-2As, which it flew until the winter of 1979, when the unit once again converted to Cessna OA-37Bs. In March 1992, the 169th was re-designated as a Fighter Squadron when is converted to the General Dynamics Block 15 F-16 ADF. As part of the Air Force restructuring program, the unit gaining command was changed to Air Combat Command (ACC) in June of 1992. Finally, during the spring of 1995, the unit was re-designated as an Airlift Squadron, when it converted to the Lockheed/Martin C-130E aircraft. On 1 April 1997 the units gaining command changed to Air Mobility Command (AMC). After the terrorist attacks on the Pentagon and New York City, which occurred on 11 September 2001, the unit performed around-the-clock alerts flying national security support missions throughout the United States. On 3 March 2003, the unit was called to active duty in support of Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom, returning 16 August 2003. In July 2004, the unit upgraded to Lockheed/Martin C-130H3 aircraft. Numerous missions in support of the Global War on Terrorism have been flown to date. Based at General Wayne A. Downing Peoria International Airport, the 169th Airlift Squadron is currently tasked in the tactical airlift role supporting worldwide missions.