#58CU Jaguar GR1
Purchased products will not feature the Squadron Prints watermark
Squadron Prints Lithograph No. 58CU - XZ389 'CN, Jaguar GR1, 20 Squadron, RAF Bruggen. Formed on 1st September 1915 at Netheravon, No. 20 Squadron moved to France in January 1916 for fighter and reconnaissance duties over the Western Front. In May 1919 the Squadron left for India flying Bristol F.2bs on the North West Frontier until it received Wapatis and later Audaxes. A few Blenheims were taken on charge in 1941 but the main equipment later that year were Lysanders. In early 1943 Hurricanes were received these being used in Burma in the anti-tank role. Spitfires arrived in mid 1945 and these were replaced with Tempests in 1946 prior to disbanding on 1st August 1947. The Squadron came into being again on 7th February 1949 by the re-numbering of 631 Squadron and it was now engaged in anti-aircraft co-operation duties but disbanded again on 16th October 1951. On 1st July 1952 the Squadron reformed again at Jever with Vampires replacing these with Sabres, and later Hunters, before disbanding on 30th December 1960. The following day however, No. 20 reformed at Tengah with Hunters converting to Pioneers in 1969. The Squadron disbanded on 13th February 1970. Reforming again on 1st October 1970 the Squadron flew Harriers from Wildenrath in Germany and retained these until it converted to Jaguars at Bruggen in February 1977.